In the July 13, 2011 announcement, the FDA says the following may be a symptom of a mess complication after it has been implanted through the vagina, called a transvaginal placement:
- Mesh erosion through the vagina (this is also called exposure, extrusion or protrusion)
- Pain during sexual intercourse, and pain to your partner’s penis when he contacts the mesh
- Organ perforation
- Urinary problems
- Recurrent prolapse
- Neuro-muscular problems with movement and pain which can result of nerve being severed
- Vaginal scarring and shrinkage
- Mesh contraction or shrinkage
- Emotional problems
Many of these problems have resulted in more surgical intervention and hospitalization. In some cases, women and men have endured a dozen or more surgeries in an attempt to remove the mesh, likened to removing gum from hair and very difficult if not impossible to accomplish, according to most surgeons.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, first see a doctor. They will be able to help decide what the best course of action is for your health. After seeing the doctor, then it is time to see what your legal options are – because people who have been harmed by mesh implants have rights and deserve to know what the legal remedies are.
If you are experiencing problems with a mesh implant, be sure to get every kind of help that you need – both medical and legal! Click here to get a free case evaluation today!